Friday, April 16, 2010

The Rest of the Story!

Yesterday, I told you about my trip in the rain and how God gave me four lessons that day. Thanks to my notes I found in my little green binder, I can finish the lesson today. I have always remembered the rear view mirror lesson but thanks to the notes, I remember them all now! See the importance of little treasures! I said yesterday how the rain was pouring down and I could only see inches in front of my bumper. We are not trained to drive that way, so I would keep trying to look in the distance and it was always so frustrating to not see anything. That would cause me to focus back only on the inches I could see to get some relief. Though I could not see in the distance, I could see the lights coming towards me. They were the only thing that gave me any indication as to where I was going and the path I was on. This trip was usually an hour away from Tulsa and since I did not have a clue as to where I was exactly, due to the rain, time was the only gage I had as to how long this time of endurance was going to last. Anticipation for the end and relief from the stress grew when an hour hit and I was still not there. Each minute that passed only increased my anxiety. It wasn’t until almost two hours of driving that I was able to put the car in park, turn of the ignition and take a deep breath of relief. By the time I completed my assignment for my mother, the rain had stopped. The drive back was a breeze! No stress; I could see clearly; the sky was beautiful; and the hour trip back home flew by!
Like we discussed yesterday, times of questioning, trials, and testing can hinder our view of where we are going. Though the things ahead of us will one day be in the rear view, we have to deal with them until they are. It is during these times that we need to focus on the immediate. Do not try and look too far down the road; it will only bring confusion and frustration. Concentrate on today! Getting through each day; one day at a time! When we have these times of uncertainty of where our path is taking us, we need to look only at the Light to show us the path of our journey. The Light of this world, Jesus, is bright enough to illumine your path. Just look for the Light! Lastly, we like to be the ones that determine how long our storm is to last. When our allowable time is up, we start looking at our calendars and our frustrations increase. We start whining to God, complaining and asking Him when He is going to calm the storm! Then all of a sudden, the storm is gone and life is stress free, beautiful, and breezes by! At least until the next storm!
Do you find it difficult to focus on today when you are in a storm? Do you want to always look ahead and know where you are going? Are you following the Light and letting Him show you the path? Do you have a habit of telling God when your storm should be over? How well do you wait? I love the words to a popular Christian song, “I will praise You in the storm!” I wonder how much less the frustrations of the storms would be and how much faster it would pass, if we praised Jesus in the midst of our storm!

By your words I can see where I'm going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path.
Psalm 119:105

Song by Casting Crown: I Will Praise You In The Storm (click on title)

1 comment:

Steph said...

During the 'storms' I try to remind myself that I am learning, God is molding me and working in ways that I can not see. It is hard sometimes espeically when lots of things happen all at once.